Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sorry Grandma, domestication is not for me

So my grandma is convinced that if I will be domesticated, I will get married. I have heard many times that if I learn to sew some guy will fall madly in love with me and I will find my Mr. Right. I try time and time again to tell her that it's not economically smart anymore to sew like it was back in the day. Material costs money, it takes a lot of time, and it just is a pain in the butt. Now the reason I was inspired to write this blog is because I decided it would be nice to make a baby blanket for my friend who is having her 3rd child. I went and found this super cute flannel material and decided that I would tie it with yarn. Sounds easy, right? Well, it ended up taking about 4 1/2 hours just to tie the dumb thing! Of course it was my first blanket ever, but it was a pain to do. I still have to finish the edges, and who knows how long that will take? I really don't believe domestication is my thing. If it means that I'm going to be single for the rest of my life, so be it.

2 comments:

Jake and Milin said...

So do I get a blanket too when I have my kid?

mel said...

We LOVE that blanket! Thanks for all of your tortuous work! Hey thanks for telling me about your blog! :) I've been looking for your phone # again, since my cell is NEVER charged. I NEED my spit sister! What are you doing this weekend?