Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Picture-taking adventures

So I'm in this digital photography class. Sounds sweet, right? Well, I'm sure it would be way sweet if I had an SLR or anything but my point and shoot camera. But I don't, so I go to class and listen to the teacher talking about adjusting your aperture, ISO, F-Stop, and many other terms that I don't know what the heck she is saying. It's seriously probably the longest 6 hours of my week. But the good news is that it only lasts 6 weeks, so I'm sticking with it. Yesterday we actually got some tips on how to position your picture, so that will be exciting to practice with that. Anyway, so here is a sample of some pictures I took last weekend. Pretty much I'm not very original and have just copied my good friend's ideas. She's very creative. But I thought the pictures were kind of cool. My next assignment for the class is to take a picture of the same thing twice, telling two different stories. I am going camping in Moab this weekend and want to hike to Delicate Arch. My idea for the picture telling two different stories it to take a picture of just the top part of the arch from this part of the hike where you climb over a little shelf-like thing. After you climb over the shelf-like thing, you see the arch. It's like when you are going somewhere exciting and you get over the last hill and can see everything. So I'm going to do one shot from this shelf-like thing, and then take the second picture of the whole arch. What do you think? Does that tell a story? Maybe? I'm thinking one story could be that there's just this little arch, and then the second story will be this breath-taking arch that is really cool looking. Hopefully...I've only hiked to Delicate Arch at 11:00 at night, so I don't really know what it would really look like. But I'm sure you'll see.

No comments: